Monday, February 3, 2020

I’m from poem

I am from a tiny bedroom
With not enough room,
I am from lilac painted walls,
Decorated with over filled shelves.
I am from the tiny stars that I taped to my ceiling
without my parents knowing.

I am from beach trips in July
Filled with images of purple and blue skies.
I’m from the warm ocean breeze
tangling your hair and putting you at ease.
I am from sand castle competitions
built with plastic molds and shovels,
Trying to build our vision
I’m from too many pictures,
Making my cousins whine,
And forcing the parents to say
“Just one more time.”

I am from holiday diners,
Turkey, mashed potatoes, and too many casseroles.
I am from the table,
Littered with holiday decorations,
Fancy napkins, shiny plates,
and fresh baked rolls.
I am from dinner conversations
Where you couldn’t talk about politics
Because you know there would be an argument,
So instead the parents talked the  about the past
And the kids all laughed.

I am from a family,
Who has faced their own troubles,
Filled with sleepless nights, lost hope,
And men who refused to cry.
I am from family,
Who pushes through,
And knows that there light at the end of the tunnel.
I am from a family,
That makes me miss home,
My moms cooking,
And my small tiny home.










No comments:

Post a Comment